Header Expomin 2016 Prensa

Categoría: News Fair

26618071236_772c7ab19c_o

The platform to face the challenges of the new mining cycle in Chile

On this occasion, the presence of more than 700 foreign companies from 35 countries stands out. The fair brings together more than 1,300 mining supplier companies where 40% are national or installed in Chile and the remaining 60% are international.

 

Innovation will be the central axis of the XV version of EXPOMIN 2018, the main mining fair in Latin America, and will mark a turning point in the industry, since it requires capturing opportunities and identifying how competitive is the country’s main productive sector..

This international exhibition is consolidated in each opportunity as a space of participation and integration of mining, as well as a great platform of worldwide opportunities from Chile.

Between April 23 and 27, the Espacio Riesco Convention Center will be the focus of mining with the development of the fair and its International Congress, which in this version will have as its motto “INNOVATION FOR MINING DEVELOPMENT”.

INTERNATIONAL INTEREST

In this sense, the Executive Director of EXPOMIN, Carlos Parada, highlighted the presence of more than 700 foreign companies from 35 countries, noting that “we are growing 40% more than the 2016 version in terms of international participation”.

“This increase is due to the conditions offered by our country for the development of investments, which highlights that mining will reach almost 65,000 million dollars in the next 10 years and to the platform that offers an international exhibition such as EXPOMIN that brings together 1,300 mining supplier companies where 40% are national or installed in Chile and the other 60% are international, “said the executive.

In addition to this, there is the presence of Peru as Official Guest Country, which will have an important participation in the fair and its program.

CEO of Antofagasta plc chairs the International Congress

Within the framework of the fair, the XV International Congress will be held, which in this opportunity will be chaired by Iván Arriagada, CEO of Antofagasta plc, which brings together 13 seminars where the main challenges of the mining sector will be analyzed and how innovation can contribute to its growth, among other important issues such as Technology, Competitiveness, Sustainability (Environment, Community), Gender, Productive Efficiency, Energy, Human Resources, and Investments and Businesses.

In advance, on Thursday, April 19, the II Seminar “Women and Mining: Incorporation, Development and Productivity” will be held, whose Chairwoman is Katharina Jenny, Corporate Manager of Safety and Health of Antofagasta Minerals.

The international exhibition will also include various activities for attendees, among which are: Smart Tech, Enexpro, Business Roundtables, IV Meeting of Students and Technical Professionals for Mining, Technical – Commercial Talks and VI Mining Journalism Competition EXPOMIN 2018.